Saturday, February 7, 2009

News!

Since I have last blogged I got some exciting news in regards to my job. As you know I have been making the hour commute to and from Marion for going on 6 years. And of course this year with Indiana's (Colorado) like weather - my commutes have been extremely long and tiring. In December at my all state conference I received word that Ashley (the Kokomo supervisor) decided not to return after maternity leave -- leaving Kokomo's Supervisor position vacant. I honestly didn't get my hopes up because I have applied for the position 2x before and wasn't offered because they 1st had to fill my position in Marion... My boss asked if I was interested (umm heck ya I was) so I asked for a transfer. It was granted in January and I am hoping to be completely switched over in the next two months. With the transfer I will be in charge of the largest caseload in my agency (our agency consists of Howard, Cass, Clinton, Tipton, Hamilton and Grant Co) as well as the most employees. I am excited for the new challenges that await! Until then - it's training, organizing and seeing clients!

1 comment:

  1. Yay lady! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. I will send good vibes across the ocean that the transfer goes smoothly and you love your new position!
    WOOOO!

    ReplyDelete